McMahon Services were engaged by the Housing Authority in Karratha, Western Australia to undertake a project involving the asbestos removal and demolition of seven properties around Karratha.
The project scope included the following for all sites:
- Vermin treatment prior to commencement of asbestos removal;
- Termination of services at boundary progressively;
- Removal, transportation and disposal of the following asbestos containing materials:
- Vinyl floor coverings
- External wall cladding and eave linings
- Internal wall and ceiling linings
- Wing fencing
- Removal of all structures;
- Removal of all floor slabs, footings, driveways, paths and paving;
- Removal of internal wing fencing and gates;
- Removal of tree’s identified by the client;
- Transportation and disposal of demolition debris;
- Recycling of floor slabs, footings, driveways, paths and paving;
- All seven blocks levelled and cleared;
- Disconnection of power, water and sewer services;
- Degassing of air conditioning systems;
- Masonry materials were recycled for use on other projects.
McMahon Services Australia utilised company owned demolition machinery including:
- Komatsu PC220 with various attachments;
- Hook lift Bin Truck.
Careful consideration and planning by the McMahon Services team ensured minimal disturbance to the surrounding residential properties, and the team received excellent feedback from the Housing Authority – Western Australia.