McMahon Services were engaged by BADGE to undertake this extensive roofing and wall cladding installation project for the new ALDI Distribution Centre encompassing over 30,000 square metres, situated on the new eight hectare site, in Regency Park, Adelaide.
The project scope was as follows:
- Installation of 20,000 square metres of Kingklip 700 colorbond roof sheets;
- Installation of 2,500 square metres of True Oak Super 5 colorbond wall sheets;
- Installation of safety mesh to roofing area;
- Installation of R2.5 100mm medium duty foil faced permastop insulation blanket to roof area;
- Installation of medium duty sisalation to walls;
- Installation of 32 colorbond half cylinder rain heads;
- Installation of 200 lineal metres of 300mm colorbond half round eave gutters with external brackets and pops;
- Installation of 32 PVC downpipes;
- Installation of 0.55 colorbond flashings, ensuring the roof was watertight.
Utilising Revolution Roofing’s mobile mill, the McMahon Services team used the mill on site to roll the roofing sheets, at lengths up to 53 metres long. Due to the limited workspace, coordination between the rolling of the sheets and the cranage lifting of the sheets required extensive pre planning, minimising the impact on the other works on the site.
The McMahon Services team comprised of eight full time workers on this project, showcasing our abilities to complete a project of this size and calibre. McMahon Services had the challenging task of organising the site works around the strict programme and weather, consisting of eight weeks in the winter season.