The Main Street Precinct Upgrade will see the heart of Victor Harbor’s Town Centre transformed into a vibrant public space that celebrates the town’s character, encourages more activity and improves the links with other areas of the Town Centre.
In addition to the Precinct Upgrade McMahon Services were engaged by the City of Victor Harbor to undertake works at part of the Foreshore Promenade bikeway development.
The construction of the boardwalk, including balustrade, connects the Foreshore Car Park via the coastal dunes to the Causeway Plaza, a distance of approximately 75 metres.
The project scope included the following:
- Site clearing;
- Demolition of existing retaining wall and remedial works;
- Boardwalk construction:
- Impact driven piles
- Form concrete abutment structures
- Composite square-hollow-section framework construction
- Boardwalk supply and installation
- Handrail supply and installation
- Pavement adjustment and remedial works;
- Safety railing installation.
The site was in close proximity to the horse drawn tram, mini golf course, public carpark and a local café, the team ensuring there was minimal disruption to the day to day operations of surrounding businesses and patrons.
McMahon Services noted the possibility of disruption of works to the horse drawn trams, resulting in liaising and coordination of works or postponement of tram operations, depending on the nature of the works.