McMahon Services were engaged by head contractor Spotless, to undertake works at the Trinity Gardens Primary School, East of Adelaide. The project involved the resurfacing of their basketball / netball court, due to cracks and wear and tear.
The project scope included:
- Removal of existing fencing, asphalt, kerbing and concrete post sleeves;
- Construction of stormwater drainage. Backfill with SA-C sand and site won material;
- Condition, compact and trim subgrade to design levels. Proof roll subgrade;
- Supply, place and compact subbase. Proof roll subbase;
- Construct new spoon drains / edge strips;
- Supply, place and compact basecourse. Proof roll basecourse;
- Supply and place asphalt;
- Line marking and reinstate sleeves for court use;
- Install new fencing and gates;
Prior to the commencement of the works, McMahon Services communicated to owners and occupants of adjoining properties written notice of intention to commence work, the expected duration of the works and an outline description of the type and extent of work. The project team undertook most of the works during the school holidays, so as not to disturb school schedule, students, teachers and visitors.