McMahon Services were contracted by Stratco to complete the installation of a new stormwater system and associated infrastructure, at their new warehouse located in Gepps Cross, South Australia.
The project scope included the following:
- Trim and compact existing surface to design level across the entire 2,000 square metre site;
- Dispose of excess material;
- Supply and installation of 150 metres of recycled rubble over the entire site;
- Excavation and installation of stormwater system, including concrete pipes and pits;
- Connection of new stormwater system to the existing council system.
McMahon Services proposed an alternate stormwater management system for the client that provided a more innovative solution. The StormTrap is designed to help avoid flooding and erosion that can be caused by excess runoff. The system provides many advantages over regular stormwater systems, such as filtering the runoff water through the native soil, providing an effective way to reduce any pollutants and contaminants in the runoff such as oil, grease and heavy metals.
McMahon Services have received positive feedback from the client, specifically in relation to the open communication from our team throughout the project from tender to practical completion.