Construction of a new building platform, roads and infrastructure for the next stage of the CO2 Removal and Utilities expansion.
McMahon Services was contracted by Santos to undertake utilities expansion site preparation works for the CIEP Moomba C02 Removal Project. The project was completed with all in-house trades and personnel. Intract Indigenous Contractors- McMahon Services Indigenous labour division, were also on site. They trained and employed local Aboriginal people from the surrounding homelands.
The project involved the construction of a new building platform, roads and infrastructure for the next stage of the C02 Removal and Utilities expansion, as well as the relocation of existing facilities.
The project involved a series of disciplines including demolition, service location and hydro excavation, bulk earthworks, road construction, precast slab placement, and installation of stormwater, process piping, GRE and other underground infrastructure.
This multi-faceted contract was on a brownfield operational oil and gas facility site, hence demanding significant interactions with existing services to maintain Santos’ operations.
McMahon Services coordinated in excess of 55 personnel on the site daily, with a pool of over 250 personnel inducted throughout the length of the project to ensure it is always resourced.
Project scope included the following;
- Off site procurement;
- Operator’s modular building facility;
- Construction of new GRE line;
- Construction of new fire water line;
- Potable water truck load out facilities;
- Construction power;
- Civil and bulk earthworks / road work;
- Services and drainage;
- Installation and modifications to gas process piping;
- Installation of temporary security fencing, gates and temporary vehicle barriers;
- Installation of temporary modular buildings and associated infrastructure, igloo shipping container, workshop shelters and associated containers;
- Relocation of the Operators Building container module units and other associated items;
- General building services works including plumbing, electrical and communications;
McMahon Services dedicated in excess of $18 Million worth of plant and equipment to the execution of this remote location project and all works were managed by McMahon Services in-house resources. Given the high level of interaction with existing services, significant site driven design changes and site construct requirements, McMahon Services were successful in quickly responding to client requests and changes to the scope.
The project was delivered in approximately 66,000 man hours, with 27% Indigenous engagement.
McMahon Services successfully executed this project, further strengthening the relationship with Santos Limited.